Bought my first boat

Co-Ordinator- Dave Ashton
billydun34

Bought my first boat

Post by billydun34 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi group and let me introduce myself, I'm Billy from Aberdeen and i have just purchased my first ever boat, a shetland blackhawk which is in fairly good condition but could be and hopefully with the help of some members knowledge will be a great first boat.

I am on there hunt for a decent trailer for it but don't want to fork out the thousands for a new one so if anyone knows of any good second hand ones please point me in the direction. i really don't know what the boat weighs so am not sure which trailer i should be looking for.

I have registered the boat for loch lomond for which i plan to take my son down for some fishing and a little bit of camping on the bonnie shores.

Many thanks

Riggers

Re: Bought my first boat

Post by Riggers » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:31 pm

hi mate and welcolm to the forum im looking at buying my self a sheltland next year so maybe see you on the water at some point.
Take each day as it comes and live each day as if it's the last

billydun34

Post by billydun34 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:21 am

Thanks Riggers and good luck with the hunt for your shetland

Riggers

Post by Riggers » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:52 pm

Cheers mate still don't know what one to pick lol
Take each day as it comes and live each day as if it's the last

daveflack

Post by daveflack » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi billydun34,check in the specs section I think you'll find it's 750Kg and I don't think this includes outboard eng' cheers Magicflack

billydun34

Post by billydun34 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Thanks Dave thats great so I'm guessing with the engine and batterys and metal 55litre fuel tank i would say I'm around the ton mark.

tatsuko

Post by tatsuko » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:13 pm

Got a Black Hawk myself hull number 071. Let us all know how you get on with it. Main problems with mine when I got her was leaky windows, knackered houdini hatch, waterlogged foam. Plus she was covered in standard household white emulsion. Took a lot of cleaning and T-cut. Stripped her down to the bare hull and refitted her. So understand most problems that can happen with the hull.
Happy boating and may your winds be favourable
Steve

daveinglasgow

Post by daveinglasgow » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:00 am

Hi

I work for clyde outboards and we have now started selling trailers and will be getting in trade ins soon so let me know if you are still needing one.

ps welcome to the forum
http://www.ashtonmarineservices.co.uk, Brokergae, Trailers, advice, boat transportation 0759 563 8185
https://www.facebook.com/ashtonmarineservices