Greyline

Thoughts, Ideas and General Questions
Cromwell

Greyline

Post by Cromwell » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 am

I've just bought this 20' Greyline to replace my 535. Not looking it's best, but with a bit of tidying things can only get better. I'm not even sure whether the boat qualifies for inclusion on this site as I'm unclear on its relationship with the Shetland marque. I understand that the boat was also sold as a Shetland Kite and that it is a development of the Speedwell, but information is scarce so perhaps someone here can correct me.
It came without an engine, so that will be the first job. I'm a bit unhappy with the cabin door arrangement too- it has the split type which seems cumbersome to 'put together' everytime you want to close the cabin. I'm wondering about making a folding door, any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.
IMG_20171114_091453803.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Merlin

Re: Greyline

Post by Merlin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Looks like a good start point to me!

I've only owned my Speedwell since April this year, so relatively new to the site.
That being said, I can definitely see the resemblance with a Speedwell hull.

Mine's coming out for winter work soon and as I have no cabin door at the moment, I'd considered a split/hinged door to.

I will do a regular update as I go, so maybe it might help!?

Good luck with your tidying up Cromwell.
Shetland Speedwell No. 118
Yamaha 40hp 1984
@SusieSpeedwell

Shetland Boats on the Norfolk Broads