Shetland Speedwell boat cover help

Thoughts, Ideas and General Questions
hayday666

Shetland Speedwell boat cover help

Post by hayday666 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi!

I have an old 1974 Shetland Speedwell (21ft) and I'm looking for help on what type of cover to buy for it.

At the moment when its out of the water I use an Winnebago type canvas cover and lots of bungie ties but in very bad wind as its kept in an exposed area, this year the canvass has ripped.

Please can someone help point me in the right direction as to what cover I can buy that would make it more secure?

I've tried the normal Googling but cant find one that would fit over the canvass and top of the boat.

Regards

Darren

admin
Site Admin

Re: Shetland Speedwell boat cover help

Post by admin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Give Phil a call at Nauticover. He holds patterns for most Shetlands and is very reasonably priced.
There is NOTHING--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.
Kenneth Grahame

tam0710

Post by tam0710 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi There, I am just about to take delivery of my recently purchased Speedwell and although I think my canopy is ok at the moment I would be interested to find out how you got on with getting a new one? also looking for tips from pics maybe in particular of the positioning of an auxilliary outboard bracket! Do you have one fitted? My mobile is 07825182692 if yu can send a pic or 2? Not many of them around! Thanking you. Tom

hayday666

Post by hayday666 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:22 am

Hi Tom,

Sorry I should have made it clearer, it wasn't the boat canopy that I was having issues with. It was a weather proof cover to put over the boat when it was out of the water.

I brought a good quality canvass cover and tied it down with bungee ties. The Winnebago type cover was not heavy duty enough against the elements.

Darren

tam0710

Post by tam0710 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:26 am

Thanks Darren. Got the boat now and ooft what a lot of work! Haha! Love it really. Just wondered if you have an aux outboard bracket fitted to yours? If so can you let me have a pic? I fitted one before I seen her in the water and made a booboo of that! Be good to see one fitted proper!

Hope you can help. Cheers. Tom.