Introduction

Thoughts, Ideas and General Questions
PaulyD

Introduction

Post by PaulyD » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:54 am

Hi everyone.

I'm paul from Surrey and I have just bought my first project Shetland.

I have other boats but this one boat kept catching my eye I've been told it's the 2 plus 2 seahawk but would love confirmation if possible.

It has a Volvo penta b20 motor which is seized at the moment and will need a few parts and all the wires have been taken off 🤔

It has been chopped about a bit for someone to live on i think, it looks like someone has replaced the windscreen with a higher ply box thing and a shed door and there is no steering wheel or control box.

Where would I go to get the information needed to get steering system ?

I heard the starter motor is the same as that on a 244 ?

Not sure how to upload a photo at the moment.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Introduction

Post by admin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:34 am

Hi and welcome. To attach files and images, click on the attachments tab at the bottom of the message window. either upload or drag and drop.

Please keep the size of images reasonable. There is a pinned post in the general forum about resizing images.

If you have problems, send the to me and `i will post

admin@shetlandowners.co.uk
There is NOTHING--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.
Kenneth Grahame

Bruce123

Post by Bruce123 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi PaulyD
Welcome to the club
Sounds like quite a program you’ve taken on
Try to remember the enjoyment is in the journey
Cheers Bruce

PaulyD

Post by PaulyD » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:40 pm

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

I have just sent admin a picture on my boat.

Someone really has chopped it about a bit as you will soon see but with determination and love hopefully will be out and about soon.

I really need to know about the steering set up as currently there is none - I can't see any steering cables or control cables as they were taken out.

Any help would be great.

Also with the engine I'm wanting to either strip and rebuild or buy another motor - which ever is both time and cost effective.

One thing I'm lacking is a starter motor - where could I get one from and is it right in what I read, they are the sane as the normal car starters ?

Looking forward to this journey and will no doubt need as much help as possible.

Oh and apologies for the late reply - I don't seem to get notifications.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:45 am

Shetland.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is NOTHING--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.
Kenneth Grahame

SP2

Post by SP2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Welcome and I love the name of your new boat!

Have seen a lot worse conversion projects but I am sure you have quite a to do list.

Best of luck with it!

Mike

PaulyD

Post by PaulyD » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Thanks Mike, yes a lot of my friends have said I should put 'IC' on the end because apparently that's what I am haha.

I do have quite a list yes but before I do any work on the boat I need to get the motor going and steering helm, cables and controls.

Can anyone recommend someone who knows about these volvo penta b20 motors ?

Thanks
Pauly D