This years Donation(2017) PLEASE READ

Thoughts, Ideas and General Questions

So where do you want it to go?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:19 pm

RNLI
83%
Environment Agency
13%
Independant Lifeboat station (contact me)
4%
International charity (contact me)
No votes

Total votes: 23

admin
Site Admin

This years Donation(2017) PLEASE READ

Post by admin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:19 pm

its that time of year again where I donate to the charity of your choice. as you know we are a non -profit making association and once I have deducted the internet overheads for the year ( these drop each year) the rest of the membership money is donated to the charity of your choice. So where would you like this years money to go. I am always mindful that we have a considerable number of inland boaters who may not use the services of the RNLI which is why I always included the EA. we also have a growing number of worldwide members. So please speak up and have a voice.

I am happy to split amounts across charities

We will have approx £500
There is NOTHING--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.
Kenneth Grahame

leonm

Re: This years Donation(2017) PLEASE READ

Post by leonm » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:18 pm

Please whatever you do, do not give to the Environment Agency. They are trying to force massive river licence increases on inland boaters as well as reduce their responsibility to look after and keep open statutory navigations.

Does it need to be an international charity? How about a smaller one that really needs help? Will admit I am biased as I am the logistics Officer but Midshires Search and Rescue is currently developing a water based search and rescue capability to suppliment our land based one. I have self funded the boat etc but we need help purchasing a van to carry all the kit and pull the trailer.

If any help can be given we would be very grateful.

baal

Re: This years Donation(2017) PLEASE READ

Post by baal » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Since I am Hungarian, I would not give it to the RNLI,
but I would add to the environment