Caledonian Canal

Thoughts, Ideas and General Questions
daveflack

Caledonian Canal

Post by daveflack » Tue May 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi all,my boat is now back on Ullswater for the season, but Iv'e just had a fabulas weeks holiday on the Caledonian Canal.Whilst travelling the canal I spotted what looked like a Kestral moored up, travelling back South I saw a four +two at the upper end of Loch Lomond, another Black Hawk/Kestrel on Loch Eck and finally, a smaller Shetland on its trailer near Toward by Dunoon. Cheers Magiflack

mozwal

Re: Caledonian Canal

Post by mozwal » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi, I'm New to this forum and to boating and have just bought an old Black Hawk that needs some tlc. I will be putting her on Ulswater hopefully next spring as I live in Appleby and just wondered where you have chosen to moor yours?

daveflack

Post by daveflack » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi Mozwal,pity, I'm looking to sell my Black Hawk as I've bought a 4+2. Anyway my boat is on Ullswater marine complex, Watermillock. There are 2 marinas here with jetty or floating moorings (should add they are 2 separate companies. Ullswaters phone no 01768486415 contact Will Grundy (yard owner). Luv it. I will be there this weekend come & have a look ask for dave flack cheers.

mozwal

Post by mozwal » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi, unfortunately we are away this weekend and not back until Monday nut I would love to pop over some time. I have been to the marina you mention and did speak to him about an engine swap but he was not too keen! Can we keep in touch? 07904 570820. Maurice