General Owners Photos and descriptions of their boats and equipment.
(also contains similar boats by other manufacturers)
zippy

Post by zippy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Hello To All
I bought this Shetland Family Four Mk1 in Canvey Island June 2014, I was told that she (Bernadine) had come from the Norfolk Broads. When cleaning her I could see on the side of the cabin that she had been called "ZIPPY" at some stage of her life. To start with I just did the essentials to get her fit for us to spend weekends on the River Wey where we wanted to do our main inland cruising from. In 2015 we joined Byfleet Boat Club where we have gone on cruises with other club members on the river Wey, The Thames, Basingstoke Canal and other canals. Also in 2015, I trailed Bernadine over to the making waves event on the Montgomery canal at Welshpool as my parents & I have been involved in the canal restoration since 1969.
The picture attached is Bernadine at Byfleet Boat Clubs 2016 Christmas illuminated boat parade, 2017 parade is on 25/11/17 so if anyone is close to us at Byfleet surrey KT14 6LE come & see us with about another 12 illuminated boats on Saturday night.
Bernadine Christmas Lights 2016
2017 summer holiday was on the Thames June 10th to 18th when we had the hot spell, me & the heat don't mix so I came home after 6 days as I was roasted. The picture below was on an island in the Thames on the way back just outside Maidenhead
Bernadine at Maidenhead June 2017
Happy boating to you all from Mark.

vreagh

Re: New Member

Post by vreagh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Welcome and thanks for the intro. Looks like you have a fine well equipped boat. Marvellous illuminations.